In a business environment, the main objective of analytics is to improve a business outcome. These outcomes can include:
- Increasing revenue by reducing customer attrition
- Increasing cross sell rates with a call center
- Decreasing costs by identifying fraudulent claims before payment
- Servicing a component in a production line to minimize downtime
When you apply analytics to improve a decision, the result is likely to be a better outcome.
Data mining is the process of uncovering patterns in data with analytical techniques. Descriptive analysis, predictive modeling, text analytics, geospatial analytics, entity analytics, decision management and optimization are used to identify patterns and deploy predictive models into operational systems. Systems and people can use these patterns and models to derive insights that enable them to consistently make the right decision at the point of impact. Outcomes are maximized based on the predictive intelligence hidden in data of growing size and complexity.
IBM® SPSS® Modeler is a powerful predictive analytics platform that is designed to bring predictive intelligence to decisions made by individuals, groups, systems and your enterprise. SPSS Modeler scales from desktop deployments to integration with operational systems to provide you with a range of advanced algorithms and techniques.
Applying these techniques to decisions can result in rapid ROI and can enable organizations to proactively and repeatedly reduce costs while increasing productivity.
Broadening your analytics reach with a range of techniques
Analytical techniques are continuing to evolve, providing analysts with a plethora of options for tackling the problems in front of them. Additionally, as technology develops and new types of data become available (such as location-based data from mobile phones or cell towers), different questions and challenges arise about the best ways to exploit this data.
Innovative techniques are therefore necessary.
With SPSS Modeler, your analysts can solve their business problems with a single platform that is designed to handle simple descriptive analysis, the most complex optimization problems — and everything in between. SPSS Modelerfeatures capabilities that go beyond the standard analytic requirements of today’s analysts. A range of models, automated modeling and data preparation, text analytics, entity analytic and social network analysis help you address the most sophisticated problems.
- Access a variety of data sources such as data warehouses, databases, Hadoop distributions or flat files to find hidden
patterns in the data.
- Deliver predictive, resource-aware and strategically aligned decisions to people and systems at the point of impact
- Put analytics in the hands of whoever will benefit from it, regardless of their statistical or analytical background.
- Solve your business problems with a single platform that is designed to handle simple descriptive analysis all the way to the most complex optimization problems.
- Analyze vast amounts of data in less time while fully using your existing IT investments with in-database performance and
minimized data movement.
- Take advantage of an open platform that can be deployed in most environments and integrated with other IBM solutions to
bridge the gap between analytics and action.